Getting traffic to your website is only half the battle. If your website has a poor user experience or the inability to convert your visitors into customers, you need to shift focus to Conversion Rate Optimization. Too often, businesses think it’s a top-line problem and the solution is to pump more money into paid advertising to drive more visits. That is not the solution. In fact, you can spend less money and convert more customers with an improved conversion rate.
What You Will Learn
The average aggregate website conversion rate (varies by industry) is 4%. This means you are essentially leaving money on the table with 96% of your website traffic – traffic you worked hard to get via organic search and SEO, or even worse, traffic you PAID FOR in PPC or paid social campaigns. There are simple copy tweaks as well as DO’s and DON’ts when it comes to your homepage and landing pages, product descriptions, as well as customer service statements and promises. Leverage emotional vs logical copy. Avoid “WE” and focus on “YOU”, the customer. Understand and develop the path of least resistance for your business.
- Introduction to CRO
- Emotional vs Logical Copy
- Landing Pages vs Squeeze Pages
- Creating Authority & Trust
- Optimizing your Call To Action (CTA)
- On-Page Content Optimization
- Split Testing
- Speak the Customer’s Language
- Competitive Analysis
- Promoting Benefits over Features
DID YOU KNOW? 💡
- Only 17% of marketers use landing page A/B tests to improve conversion rates.
- The first five seconds of page-load time have the highest impact on conversion rates. Website conversion rates drop by an average of 4.42% with each additional second of load time.
- Landing pages, the least popular type of signup form, have the highest conversion rate (24%). On the other hand, popups, the most popular signup form, have the second-lowest conversion rate (4%). (Source)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Any business or individual with a website that wishes to convert more website traffic into paying customers.
- What would bumping your conversion rate up by just 1 or 2 percentage points mean for your business or bottom line?
- eCommerce is exploding and conversion rates are more important than ever.
This CRO training course requires no prior knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimization. If you are a beginner, this is a fundamentals course to help you get off the ground.
If you are intermediate-to-expert level, you may still gain additional knowledge in areas such as conversion copywriting, split testing, creating authority and trust, and optimizing your CTAs.