Many people have fantastic business ideas around a specific product or service, but simply don’t know the proper steps to go about getting it online. How do you register a domain name? How do you set up hosting? Who is the best provider? …and many more questions. This course covers the ground-up steps in a step-by-step visual manner with screen recordings so you can go at your own pace.
What You Will Learn
There are many things to consider when you are buying a domain or setting up a new website. What is the best domain extension to choose? How do I get an email address @mywebsite.com? What alternatives are there to .com? Some domains have restrictions. Some registrars and web hosts are superior to others. This module guides you through everything in a clear and digestible manner to help answer any questions you may have, as well as help in areas you may not know to ask about!
- Buying a Domain Name
- HTTP vs HTTPS
- ccTLDs (Country Code TLDs)
- Personalized Email Addresses
- Shopify vs Wix vs SquareSpace
- Getting a Website Hosted
- TLDs (Top-Level Domains)
- Hosting Packages
- CMS (Content Management Systems)
- WordPress vs Alternatives
DID YOU KNOW? 💡
- There are many alternatives to simply buying a .com domain.
- Most alternatives are tied to a specific country, called “ccTLDs”, or “Country-Code Top Level Domains”.
- There are restrictions around many types of domain names to be aware of
- Domain names are never truly “owned”, rather “leased”, and have to be regularly renewed
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Any business or individual looking for a ground-up solution on how to buy a domain name, get a website hosted, select the best options for the level your business is currently at (while bearing in mind future growth and expansion), as well as which platform is best for your website.
This How to Start a Website training program requires no existing knowledge of domain names, nor websites, nor hosting. It is designed for the absolute beginner and walks you through step-by-step visuals on how to buy your domain and get your website up and running.