Search Engine Optimization is one of the most foundational considerations when creating your website content. There is very limited shelf-space in Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). You and your competitors are fighting for the same positioning and clicks from potential customers. Follow these best practices to ensure you are adhering to all of Google’s guidelines, as well as get a leg up on your competition and increase your market share.
What You Will Learn
There are over 200 ranking factors that Google considers when evaluating which position to rank websites in for any given search query. However, there are approximately 10-15 that have much greater weighting than all the rest. This program will teach you the best practices on how to best optimize your website to rank for any desired keywords, how to learn from what your competitors are doing (well and poorly), and how to broaden your overall footprint online to attract more customers to your website.
- Introduction to SEO
- Meta Data & Schema Data Markup
- Backlink Analysis
- Content Strategy
- Voice, Local & Maps Search
- On-Page Content Optimization
- Redirects, 301 vs 302, HTTPS
- Page-load Speed
- Competitive Analysis
- World Class SEO Tools & Resources
DID YOU KNOW? 💡
- 1st position in Google gets approximately 40% of the clicks.
- Just going from 1st to 2nd, that number drops to approximately 13% (one-third of 1st!).
- 3rd position gets approximately 9% of clicks.
- The further down the page you go, the lesser your percentage of clicks you will receive from users searching for your product or service keywords.
- It is statistically better to be 1st on page 2 (11th overall) than 5th – 10th on page 1.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Any business or individual with a website that wishes to rank for a specific search phrase or keyword.
Nearly every product or service path to purchase begins online, even if the transaction is completed later offline.
Retail, restaurants and food services, automotive, financial products, practitioners – even real estate purchases – all begin online.
Your customers are looking for you. Are you there?
This SEO course requires no prior knowledge of Search Engine Optimization. If you are a beginner, this is a fundamentals course to help you get off the ground.
If you are intermediate-to-expert level, you may still gain additional knowledge in areas such as competitive analysis, sitemaps, page load speed analysis and more.